[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Anisoptera Games - View topic - Meet the Factions
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Meet the Factions 

Never Forget.

Last edited by Deceleration on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:26 am

Nitpick, faction 8 is the ancient version of the player fleet, they are hostile to you, and they have a giant asteroid sized mothership.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:46 pm

Fleet 8 is hostile to you? Interesting. I wonder why...

Also, that asteroid mothership's thrusters are probably the biggest in game.

Never Forget.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:21 pm

your core is from fleet 1 palette. the other parts are from fleet 8

Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:34 pm

Oh, I see. Fleet 8 has a different core design. I'm guessing all the random wreckage that appears to be of your fleet's design is actually fleet 8's.

Also, now that I've encountered fleet 7 in my spawning of all the fleets, I've been wondering what is the best way of destroying them. Fleet 14 and 6 are both very good at it, because they only use beam weapons with considerable range, allowing them to cut through fleet 7 swarms quickly. As of now, however, once a fleet 7 swarm has gotten beyond a certain point I'm unable to completely destroy it even by spawning in a hundred thousand energy's worth of various ships. There are simply too many. The best I've seen is 100k energy's worth of fleet 6 managing to hold off the swarm by using drones, which distract the fleet 7 ships and draws fire away form the main ships, which can pick off any remainders. However, fleet 6 ships don't move very much and they won't push forwards, only hold their ground.

Never Forget.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:57 pm

If you feed fleet 7 mines they become suicide bombers XD

Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:37 pm

Hmm, that gives me an idea for a contest... involving how long you would last in a Fleet 7-apocalypse, where you infect your world with fleet 7 and see how long you last before dying.

Never Forget.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:08 pm
Site Admin

In the world (as opposed to the sandbox) faction 7 expansion is limited by resources, so it's not quite so overwhelming!

Suicide bombers XD! I totally did not plan that - the AI just automatically notices that they are suddenly equipped with explosive weapons and goes for it.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:58 pm

Wait... faction 7 can pick up and equip mines to themselves? I am impressed.

If we do have a faction 7 survival competition, we should do it in the sandbox anyways, as other AIs in a regular world would interfere.

Never Forget.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:36 pm

Did you get the idea for faction 7 from my splitter ship?

Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next