View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Why I think mods are a bad idea for the community 

This isn't meant as a hope for change or anything like that, i just wanted to say what i thought and see what other people think.

Reassembly has mods for steam workshop, and these mods change various things, and can make unique factions and mods for other random stuff.
But the problem is that Reassembly USUALLY has a player evolution where the player will try to go into the online community for tournaments and etc.
And because of these mods that can change factions, it can create a situation where a player might grow on a certain mod, and want to do something with it. But with agents not being able to be submitted with mods, and mod tournaments for 1 mod out of MANY not really existing, things can be troublesome.
And because of races like the reds that have a unique playing and building style, yet are not that good, many players who like weak races will usally get mods that make them better OR mods that balance the game out more. This can kind of isolate people who want to engage in online activities using mods, and split the community if communities for individual mods arise.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:01 am

So, you're going off the assumption a new player will immediately use mods and get hyper-attached to them quickly and will be uncapable of the idea of not using them~?

Reassembly x10

Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:52 am

MellonsPeter wrote:
This isn't meant as a hope for change or anything like that, i just wanted to say what i thought and see what other people think.

Reassembly has mods for steam workshop, and these mods change various things, and can make unique factions and mods for other random stuff.
But the problem is that Reassembly USUALLY has a player evolution where the player will try to go into the online community for tournaments and etc.
And because of these mods that can change factions, it can create a situation where a player might grow on a certain mod, and want to do something with it. But with agents not being able to be submitted with mods, and mod tournaments for 1 mod out of MANY not really existing, things can be troublesome.
And because of races like the reds that have a unique playing and building style, yet are not that good, many players who like weak races will usally get mods that make them better OR mods that balance the game out more. This can kind of isolate people who want to engage in online activities using mods, and split the community if communities for individual mods arise.

Nobody is stopping anyone from holding a mod-centric tournament. In fact I'm planning on using one of Conga's crazier mods as a minor event within a major event so there's that. Sure, the best outcome would be that Arthur patches the Red faction to be stronger and all of us get on that level, but that will take time, and until then, people probably just use mods to play out their own strong-Red dreams.

Murderballs Faction Mod ver 1.2

Join us at our Reassembly Discord!

Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:18 am

Splinterman wrote:
MellonsPeter wrote:

Nobody is stopping anyone from holding a mod-centric tournament. In fact I'm planning on using one of Conga's crazier mods as a minor event within a major event so there's that. Sure, the best outcome would be that Arthur patches the Red faction to be stronger and all of us get on that level, but that will take time, and until then, people probably just use mods to play out their own strong-Red dreams.

Isn't the point of red faction to be weak but tear-through ships if they get close~?
They're basically your early-game buddies~
But anyways, yeah~

Reassembly x10

Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:28 am

I see it the other way around. Mods keep people here that would have moved onto another game long ago.

If you've already played the factions, and already entered tourneys, the game's kinda done for you.
Modding lets you get creative with the game and share it with other people.

I've been playing this little Steam game for about a year now. I was modding it before modding was enabled, and I can't say I'd still be playing it if this creative outlet didn't exist.

The people that like things easy will find ways to cheat... and they'll get bored with the game in a week.
The people that like to use the game for what it is - use it to it's fullest, and modding enhances and goes beyond what's already involved in building ships and playing the game.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:28 pm

I don't think mods are to be consider as bad in the community. It would only depends on the players opinion as not all player has the same perception on every games. Every people varies its likes and dislikes, so there is nothing to worry about.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]