View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Quick question 

Do maneuver engines only boost themselves, or do they boost all thrusters in a row?
Example:
If I were to make a thruster rack, then cap it off with a maneuvering thruster, would the entire rack be boosted or would only the maneuver thruster be boosted?

Reassembly x10

Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:56 am

If you're referring to the Bee faction maneuver thruster I don't think it boosts anything. It just operates at 4x thrust for the first second or so that it's operating, and then dies down in power so it isn't efficient for sustained thrust.

But I think you're referring to something like the Tinkrell thruster-booster, annnnd for that I know norhing

Murderballs Faction Mod ver 1.2

Join us at our Reassembly Discord!

Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:22 am

Splinterman wrote:
If you're referring to the Bee faction maneuver thruster I don't think it boosts anything. It just operates at 4x thrust for the first second or so that it's operating, and then dies down in power so it isn't efficient for sustained thrust.

But I think you're referring to something like the Tinkrell thruster-booster, annnnd for that I know norhing

Do maneuver engines only boost themselves, or do they boost all thrusters in a row?
Example:
If I were to make a thruster rack, then cap it off with a maneuvering thruster, would the entire rack be boosted or would only the maneuver thruster be boosted?
I wish people would read these days~~

Reassembly x10

Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:28 am

I wished people would read things too ;)
It doesn't boost anything else, the boost just applies to itself, so capping off a rack doesn't do anything special

Edit: LOL this is actually (half) wrong (it depends on where the maneuver thruster is on the stack)

Quote:
I don't think it boosts anything. It just operates at 4x thrust for the first second

(It's actually at 8x thrust though for the boost time though)

Last edited by Splinterman on Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:53 am

Actually Conga, I retract my statement and I apologize. I decided to go ahead and test it out in the sandbox.

Adding a maneuver thruster will boost the entire stack.
Additional note: the maneuver thruster must be at the back of the stack for this to work.

In my test I had two large blocks placed to the left and right of the command module, using some support struts to leave a space behind the command module. I created 2 ships with the same block structure both with an asteroid mover on the leftmost block. One ship had a small maneuver thruster placed behind the command block and the other had a small maneuver thruster stacked behind the asteroid mover, meaning both ships have identical thruster-count and block composition/P-value, and the stacked ship moved significantly faster.

TLDR: asteroid movers + maneuver thrusters = the way of the future for multifaction tournaments

Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:21 am

Splinterman wrote:
Actually Conga, I retract my statement and I apologize. I decided to go ahead and test it out in the sandbox.

Adding a maneuver thruster will boost the entire stack.
Additional note: the maneuver thruster must be at the back of the stack for this to work.

In my test I had two large blocks placed to the left and right of the command module, using some support struts to leave a space behind the command module. I created 2 ships with the same block structure both with an asteroid mover on the leftmost block. One ship had a small maneuver thruster placed behind the command block and the other had a small maneuver thruster stacked behind the asteroid mover, meaning both ships have identical thruster-count and block composition/P-value, and the stacked ship moved significantly faster.

TLDR: asteroid movers + maneuver thrusters = the way of the future for multifaction tournaments

Well thank you for testing this for me Splinter~
Now I have things to do in multifaction~~

Reassembly x10

Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 am

Additional note, the supersmall tinkrell booster also has the same multiplicative effect (and probably without the thrust falloff) and I wouldn't be surprised if there were other usually-ignored thrusters with similar properties. I went to work early to get stuff done and ended up testing thrusters anyways haha ;-; oh well time well spent...

Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:47 am

All thrusters have an implicit 0.2 second, 2.0x boost except Tinkrell thrusters which have a 0.2 second 2.5x boost and Bee maneuvering thrusters which have a 1.0 second 8.0x boost. The boost of the last thruster in a stack is used and multiplies all the thrusters under it, which is pretty broken really :p

No thrusters except the Tinkrell ones and the Bee M-thrusters have any different properties.

• InfraSpatia - Disjointed aliens with spinal guns
  • Systems Coalition Remnant - Turbo-rectangles with stacking guns
  • Roiders - Cities and drills
Make your own with the Reassembly Web Development Kit!

Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:01 am

TTFTCUTS wrote:
All thrusters have an implicit 0.2 second, 2.0x boost except Tinkrell thrusters which have a 0.2 second 2.5x boost and Bee maneuvering thrusters which have a 1.0 second 8.0x boost. The boost of the last thruster in a stack is used and multiplies all the thrusters under it, which is pretty broken really :p

No thrusters except the Tinkrell ones and the Bee M-thrusters have any different properties.

TY TTFT for the clarification. I think I'll make a Bee Tier 2.0 for Mons in the unlikely case that I can figure out how to reliably go even against Sentinels... Also if you didn't get the memo, Conga still doesn't like the RWDK, you better go improve it some more ha

Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:34 pm

Splinterman wrote:
TTFTCUTS wrote:

TY TTFT for the clarification. I think I'll make a Bee Tier 2.0 for Mons in the unlikely case that I can figure out how to reliably go even against Sentinels... Also if you didn't get the memo, Conga still doesn't like the RWDK, you better go improve it some more ha

No amount of improvement can make selection boxes dominant to rawr coding~
No confusion or overshooting, just straight up 'if you want to add something, add it'.

Reassembly x10

Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next