View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
8000p Faction 2 Wildcard Tournament - March 15th 

Splinterman wrote:
I'll see if I can make a better disco, gotta redeem the guy! (he doesn't really need redeeming, I think he did pretty well too)

Cool! Second tourny comin' right up.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:27 pm

You guys got your ships ready yet?

Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:37 am

Cpt. Picard wrote:
You guys got your ships ready yet?

Was busy cramming for Camo's antitournament. I have family visiting soon, so either I'll get one to yah in either an hour... ......or a day -____-

Edit: Crap I called Camo Arthur, oops

Murderballs Faction Mod ver 1.2

Join us at our Reassembly Discord!

Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:41 am

Well, it turned out pretty even guys. Not sure who's is the winner. I guess it's hard to get much better. I don't have the time right now but I'd be interested to see if any of us could make a build that would beat all three entries most of the time.

Here's a link to the vid:
https://youtu.be/S2259MFNGt8

Attachments:
Reassembly_Mini-Missile_[Starficz].lua.gz [1.46 KiB]
Downloaded 125 times

Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:42 pm

well it ended up being

5: me
4: Splinter
9: Picard

So congrats! (BTW i hope you realize that mons's toruny is going to full of these things now)

Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:11 pm

Starficz wrote:
well it ended up being

So congrats! (BTW i hope you realize that mons's toruny is going to full of these things now)

I haven't watched yet, is it the same ship you first dropboxxed? I was beating it 3-0 in my tests

Edit: After watching, looks like it probably is the same, also really strange how me vs picard results in some really bad aim from both parties

Also I'll probably be using a much more fragile design for Mons since the other 6 ships in the medley can take hits for it instead, so I'm not anticipating too many clones.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:49 pm

Starficz wrote:
well it ended up being

Haha. I'm looking forward to fielding Pfft in Mons's tourny. I don't think those numbers represent the effectiveness of each design. I did a lot of testing of these three. Most of the timeMiniMissile will beat Pfft. I just had a couple lucky runs. And I think Splinter was a little unlucky.

Last edited by Cpt. Picard on Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:27 am

Splinterman wrote:
I haven't watched yet, is it the same ship you first dropboxxed? I was beating it 3-0 in my tests

Edit: After watching, looks like it probably is the same, also really strange how me vs picard results in some really bad aim from both parties

Also I'll probably be using a much more fragile design for Mons since the other 6 ships in the medley can take hits for it instead, so I'm not anticipating too many clones.

I didn't drop box Pfft. You mean my Xwing? I would say that Pfft has a bit of an advantage over Disco, MiniMissile has a fairly strong advantage over Pfft and Disco and MiniMissile are about equal. At least that's how it turns out in testing.

Last edited by Cpt. Picard on Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:38 am

No I was referring to Starficz dropboxing MiniMissile prior to you starting the match and after I submitted Disco

Cpt. Picard wrote:
Haha. I'm looking forward to fielding Pfft in Mons's tourny. I don't think those numbers represent the effectiveness of each design. I did a lot of testing of these three. Most of the time, meaning more than 50% of the time MiniMissile will beat Pfft. I just had a couple lucky runs. And I think Splinter was a little unlucky.

Yeah I think I'll be developing my 1k Tinkrell further. I'll probably post it once I can consistently beat everything, but so far no dice.

Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:45 am

Splinterman wrote:
No I was referring to Starficz dropboxing MiniMissile prior to you starting the match and after I submitted Disco

Cpt. Picard wrote:
Haha. I'm looking forward to fielding Pfft in Mons's tourny. I don't think those numbers represent the effectiveness of each design. I did a lot of testing of these three. Most of the time, meaning more than 50% of the time MiniMissile will beat Pfft. I just had a couple lucky runs. And I think Splinter was a little unlucky.

Yeah I think I'll be developing my 1k Tinkrell further. I'll probably post it once I can consistently beat everything, but so far no dice.

Oh, makes sense since you were replying to Starficz. I tried mightily yesterday to create something that could beat all these three designs most of the time and could not do it. The AI and components are extremely well balanced.

Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next