View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
8000p Faction 2 Wildcard Tournament - March 15th 

I'm kind of pissed off by Jokrate's build. It looks like it shouldn't be that good but it is. I tried to super size my Xwing and take off the shield but it's worse that the original.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:32 pm

Cpt. Picard wrote:
I'm kind of pissed off by Jokrate's build. It looks like it shouldn't be that good but it is. I tried to super size my Xwing and take off the shield but it's worse that the original.

I think the trick is in its balance of thruster placement. If it gets hit it can still reposition quickly enough to do major damage to the enemy.

I think my problem was not having enough rate-of-fire boosters. At the time I thought I didn't need that many bullets, which is still true, however I really needed the bullet speed b/c many ships would just dodge the shots

Also when your x-wing exposes its side, its guns are kinda toast without the shields

Murderballs Faction Mod ver 1.2

Join us at our Reassembly Discord!

Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:45 pm

Wow... Splinter, I am honestly really sorry about that wildcard I sent you. I didn't realize until now just how completely awful it was. Its performance was absolutely atrocious against pretty much everything. It's easily the worst fleet I've ever put together, and it doesn't even look good, either. So, yeah. Sorry again. I probably hurt your chances quite a bit with that :/

Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:47 pm

Owlfeathers0117 wrote:
Wow... Splinter, I am honestly really sorry about that wildcard I sent you. I didn't realize until now just how completely awful it was. Its performance was absolutely atrocious against pretty much everything. It's easily the worst fleet I've ever put together, and it doesn't even look good, either. So, yeah. Sorry again. I probably hurt your chances quite a bit with that :/

Nawww it's alright, it's all good! They did some pretty decent chase-work, for example in the final match against the wildcard paired with Lucky's fleet (where lucky's ship despawned), he could've won through points if the tinkrell ship evaded my shots for the entire game. I think wildcard performance would've been a larger factor if I spawned a lot of owlcards when I needed snipers, but the plants usually prevented the factory from spawning anything in my losses anyways.

I kinda built my ship with weaknesses (slow rotational speed combined with fragile side armor) and it was fun seeing them actually exposed. Jokrates took advantage of the slow maneuvering and I gambled that my ship would face the long side against Picard which only happened once. With the main ship taken out, I don't think there is much for the wildcard do with an 8000 point deficit ;)

Also we both got 2nd place, so maybe we're pretty up there in combined wins?

(As tribute for your crimes you should uprate, subscribe, and favorite my mod)

Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:59 pm

OK. After hours of attempts I have finally created a 1000p F4 ship that can defeat every wildcard in a 10000 size, non-asteroid arena with resources on. Anyone up for second little tourny? Who wants to take on "Pfft"? Splinterman? Starficz? Monsy?

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:15 pm

Cpt. Picard wrote:
OK. After hours of attempts I have finally created a 1000p F4 ship that can defeat every wildcard in a 10000 size, non-asteroid arena with resources on. Anyone up for second little tourny? Who wants to take on "Pfft"? Splinterman? Starficz? Monsy?

I'm a terrible F4 maker, but now that I've postponed my tourney I have a lot more time on my hands ha

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:17 pm

Well make that 3 things to do tomorrow

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:20 pm

Splinterman wrote:
I'm a terrible F4 maker, but now that I've postponed my tourney I have a lot more time on my hands ha

Awe c'mon. Your disco guys were pretty good.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:22 pm

Starficz wrote:
Well make that 3 things to do tomorrow

Nice! I hope I win.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:23 pm

Cpt. Picard wrote:
Awe c'mon. Your disco guys were pretty good.

I'll see if I can make a better disco, gotta redeem the guy! (he doesn't really need redeeming, I think he did pretty well too)

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next