View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
8000p Faction 2 Wildcard Tournament - March 15th 

Tournament Settings:
The tourny will be conducted in pool format. Arena size will be 10000. Resources and spiky plants will be on. The time limit will be 2 minutes with five rounds. Physics updates will be set at 60. Asteroid fill will be 1%. Asteroid size will be 10.

Tournament Rules:
Ships must be constructed only from Faction 2 (farmer) parts.
NO spinners (spinners are ships that are designed to spin incredibly fast)
NO trolls (any ship must have at least 200 units of thrust for every unit of mass. Multiply your ship's mass number by two then add two zeros to the end to find out how much thrust you'll need)
8000p maximum fleet budget
Only one command module per ship
faction 2's 18p thruster type (found in Sandbox only I think) is an illegal part for this tournament
All players must submit a 1000p FACTION 4 wildcard fleet separate from their main fleet. Wildcard fleets will be randomly paired with other player's fleets for the duration of the tournament.

Anything else goes, including overlapping. I will be making my own submission. You'll have to trust me not to look at your fleet until tourny day.

To submit a fleet, build your individual ships, construct your final fleet in the Tournament menu and, at the bottom of the ship list, there is an export button. After export, the fleet should appear on your desktop as a .lua.gz file.

Submit your fleets and any questions to frogblink@gmail.com. PLEASE BE SURE TO CREDIT YOURSELF IN THE TITLE OF YOUR FLEET. This makes it a lot easier for me to figure out who's who. Also, if you do not want your fleet posted for download after the tournament be sure to indicate that when you email me your fleet. You are welcome to change your submission at any time before the tournament. Just email me the new fleet file.

I will upload the tourny videos to youtube shortly after all is played out.

For those of you who are new to the tournament scene, welcome. It's not necessary to use the Sandbox for this tournament but here is a little tutorial on it. The Sandbox can seem a little intimidating at first but it's not hard to use. The cursor must be in the command window in order to type commands. Press "3" when the cursor is outside of the command window to manipulate the blocks. There are really only three commands that you'll absolutely need:

"sopen" (loads a valid block cluster(ship) into the sandbox from your "ships" folder)
"ssave" (saves a valid block cluster to your "ships" folder)
"palette" (followed by a palette number loads all of the blocks associated with a faction)

Check out this page for more information on how to use the Sandbox: http://www.anisopteragames.com/sandbox-console-docs/

======================================================================================
Congrats to Waste47 and to a lesser extent Starficz!

First pool video is up at:
https://youtu.be/iIEM2M8gkgg

Second pool video is up at:
https://youtu.be/QjqPS6_rZ70

Champion Pool video:
https://youtu.be/Tz3ke2T6TjI

There are twelve people in my tournament again! I rolled a D20 to assign numbers to each player. Highest number went with lowest number for determining matchups. Next highest number went with next lowest number and so on. If a number was the same as one previously rolled I simply rerolled. Here are the matchups.

Pool 1: First names in pair are the main fleets

Lucky[dgl] / 44th Sandstorm
Amazigh / Totalhax
Jokrates / Mons Pubis
Starficz / Waste47
Splinterman / Owlfeathers
Me / Conga

This translates to:

Panzershrek / Aetherian Wildcard
Replicore Armada / Unnamed Spaceship
Flahoaz Matria / Sorry About Your Bad Wildcard
Explosive Bullets? / Unnamed Spaceship (yes, two different unnamed spaceships from two different people)
Whammy Bar / Akari Empire Shield Fighter
Triangular Smackdown / Laser Probes

Pool 2: same as above except second names in pair are the main fleet

This translates to:

Aetherian Fighters / Warthog996
Aliance Task Force: Farmer Division / MicroSwiper
Discount Dragonfly 2 / Sniwplerfac
Dynamic / Didn't Make In 10 Minutes
XIII / Disco Party Points
Bare Minimum Bandit / Xw2

LOL! This is fun pairing you peeps up. I think I'm going to continue this. Next tourny will be a 100% to 50% p value ratio (main fleet/wild card).

Here's a link to the tournament fleet folder:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Last edited by Cpt. Picard on Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:19 pm

The wildcard ship is Splinterman's idea. He said 500p. I upped it to 1000p. Both the wildcard ship and the main fleet will get credit for the win. Although, unfortunately I was dropped like a hot potato by GOG, so no prizes this time unfortunately.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:40 am

Cpt. Picard wrote:
The wildcard ship is Splinterman's idea. He said 500p. I upped it to 1000p. Both the wildcard ship and the main fleet will get credit for the win. Although, unfortunately I was dropped like a hot potato by GOG, so no prizes this time unfortunately.

So, how does the whole wildcard thing work besides it goes to someone else?

Reassembly x10

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:20 pm

★ Conga ★ wrote:
Cpt. Picard wrote:

Actually, now that I think about it. I should specify that it can be a fleet not just one ship. I think that would make things a little more interesting if the wildcard can be more than one ship. Each contestant submits two fleets. One fleet is there main 8000p fleet and the other fleet is a 1000p fleet that will be randomly paired with someone else's fleet for the entire tournament. The winner of the tournament will be two people, a "primary winner" and a "wildcard winner". OOOOO! OOOOOO! That gives me an idea! The wildcard fleet could be of a faction different than faction 2! Faction 4!

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:40 pm

★ Conga ★ wrote:

Seems like Picard got here before I did and added even more ideas haha

Well this is what I wrote earlier, I guess it's outdated now...
Quote:
You build a core fleet and a wildcard ship. Your wildcard ship will go to a random other player. Someone else's wildcard ship will go to you, and it will get embedded into your core fleet to form a combination fleet. The combination fleet will be competing against everyone else's combination fleets, and the winning combination fleet results in 2 winners, the person who made the core fleet and the person who made the wildcard ship. This also means that you can lose to yourself.

Murderballs Faction Mod ver 1.2

Join us at our Reassembly Discord!

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:42 pm

OK, so for those of you who didn't see. Your wildcard may be a fleet and not just one ship. Also, your wildcard must be faction 4.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:46 pm

So, I think this is a really cool idea! I'm so giad you suggested this Splinterman!

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:49 pm

Cpt. Picard wrote:
So, I think this is a really cool idea! I'm so giad you suggested this Splinterman!

Hehe glad you liked it, I didn't actually plan on it being a thing, I was just thinking aloud. Also I didn't mention this earlier, but the 500p requirement for the spikey tournament turned out to be a nice challenge, not so high that defending against spikeys became easy, but also not so low that a proper defense was impossible.

Murderballs Faction Mod ver 1.2

Join us at our Reassembly Discord!

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:55 pm

What I'm going to do is roll a D20 to assign a separate number to both the core fleets and wildcard fleets. Ties will be rerolled. Highest number will go with highest number. It will be possible for someone to end up with their own wildcard.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:57 pm

Splinterman wrote:
Cpt. Picard wrote:

Hehe glad you liked it, I didn't actually plan on it being a thing, I was just thinking aloud. Also I didn't mention this earlier, but the 500p requirement for the spikey tournament turned out to be a nice challenge, not so high that defending against spikeys became easy, but also not so low that a proper defense was impossible.

I thought it was an interesting tournament because it was an almost completely defensive game. If I had to design the rules over again I would either reduce asteroid content to reduce spikeys or up the p value. This would have had the effect of the player's fleets clashing with each other more and the spikeys less. I think a 50/50 ration of player vs player and player vs spikey would have made it more interesting.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next