View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Waste47's February 15. Tournament 

Armifer18's ships are semi-trolls. I little unfair. You should have a TWR for your tournaments or design a chase ship like Mons.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:00 pm

Subpool #2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku9wpUJ8B44

Murderballs Faction Mod ver 1.2

Join us at our Reassembly Discord!

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:23 pm

Cpt. Picard wrote:
Armifer18's ships are semi-trolls. I little unfair. You should have a TWR for your tournaments or design a chase ship like Mons.

maybe they are a little bit too slow. but one fleet has to be the slowest :p

ah you was faster than me :D

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:29 pm

Cpt. Picard wrote:

My 2 cents regarding this; even if there was a TWR, he could have traded a railgun's worth of P for more asteroid movers to make the TWR cutoff and he still would've been as competitive in that subpool. There were a lot of rocket-users and the high hp plus his pd-lasers meant that he wouldn't be leaking many points anyways.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:34 pm

Splinterman wrote:
Cpt. Picard wrote:

My 2 cents regarding this; even if there was a TWR, he could have traded a railgun's worth of P for more asteroid movers to make the TWR cutoff and he still would've been as competitive in that subpool. There were a lot of rocket-users and the high hp plus his pd-lasers meant that he wouldn't be leaking many points anyways.

Well, it's all good for you because you used Sentinel and your ships are going to cut right through Armifer's like a hot knife through butter. No surprises in the tourny so far. f4, f15, and semi-trolls in the champion pool like usual. Splinterman will win.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:39 pm

Cpt. Picard wrote:
Well, it's all good for you because you used Sentinel and your ships are going to cut right through Armifer's like a hot knife through butter. No surprises in the tourny so far. f4, f15, and semi-trolls in the champion pool. Splinterman will win.

Oh, make no mistake I will relish slicing those tanks. Lucky did get a round off of me, so he has a decent shot at winning especialy if he's... lucky.. ha ha ha

I've mentioned this a few times before, but I'll beat the dead horse anyways: I think any Terran that goes full torpedo-spam with maneuverable ships has a good chance of cutting down the semi-trolls and sentinels; they will probably still die to Tinkrell though but I don't know how to beat Tinkrell with Terran anyways

Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Splinterman wrote:

Oh, make no mistake I will relish slicing those tanks. Lucky did get a round off of me, so he has a decent shot at winning especialy if he's... lucky.. ha ha ha

I've mentioned this a few times before, but I'll beat the dead horse anyways: I think any Terran that goes full torpedo-spam with maneuverable ships has a good chance of cutting down the semi-trolls and sentinels; they will probably still die to Tinkrell though but I don't know how to beat Tinkrell with Terran anyways

Yep, Lucky could get lucky. I was surprised at how quickly he tore apart my poor laser sharks. I expected to win at least one round.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:53 pm

I want to see how the Amethyst Assassins fare against my siege ships. They were purpose built to destroy Sentinels, but I neglected to test against Obliterators. They tear apart Centipedes very reliably, though. They're also a bit of a different variation of Tinkrell design. Here are the ones I have seen, and their major counters:

Snipers - Long range, generally one gun. Countered by very fast moving Sentinel melee and longer-ranged snipers. Generally an unfair design to use, but some of us play to win.
-- The flip sniper gets special mention because it behaves in many ways like a sniper, but has advantages against swarms and generally hits with more bursts but fewer percentages of its bursts. Same weaknesses, though, really.

Skirmishers - Skirmishers do a huge burst of fire that throws them backward, away from the enemy. Countered by fast melee and snipers. Relatively short ranged for a Tinkrell ship.

If my analysis is correct, melee ships are typically strong counters to Tinkrell designs. Due to their relatively low damage per second in a practical environment relative to Sentinel armor, casualties and lost modules are typically not beyond the realm of 'endurable' and the problem is more a matter of getting their hands on the Tinkrell. That's where my Siege craft come in. Using much lower rate of fire and a lot of forward thrust, I can manage the recoil to keep sustained damage output on targets. You can see in the first pool when my ships behave correctly they did massive amounts of damage in relatively short time spans, the problem was they were keeping too much distance from the one fleet that beat them. Against the faster Amethyst ships, I suspect that range issue will be less significant a problem, although then floating melee armor becomes an issue. Either way, I want to see them fight. :)

We have a Discord, too

Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:50 pm

MonsPubis wrote:
Either way, I want to see them fight. :)

I have a feeling that your fleet will not have enough recoil to escape the rammers, although I do think you should be able to barely outrange the obliterators.

The rammers were designed to take down Skirmisher, Sniper, and Flipper fleets at a 1:2 P ratio, with the heavies being mostly useless against Tinkrell.
The rammers are a little less efficient against high-splash Terran fleets, but the heavies become more useful due to Terrans having lower range/recoil, making them prime targets for the obliterators.
The rammers are mostly useless against Sentinel fleets, but the heavies are designed to take down most Sentinel fleets by themselves.

In the situation they come across a more maneuverable fleet such as high-recoil Tinkrells, the rammers will degrade gracefully when damaged and become lighter/faster/more-accurate melee spinners (which sometimes result in them dying to a point-blank volley if unlucky). The only major caveat is that the intended 1:2 P ratio rammer win-condition is not waterproof vs Tinkrell fleets as evidenced in the fight vs Lucky, and the 8000P split between rammers and heavies becomes unoptimal in a tournament with no sentinel opponents (shakes fist at Starficz).

If you can take down 2 rammers without a ship loss in the first 15 seconds, you should be in a good spot, and the reverse applies as well. If you want to spoil yourself, the entire Amethyst fleet is hiding in the forums somewhere, but I think it'll be funner to wait for the champ pool video :)

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:16 pm

Well, lost again.
Time to go back to my heavily abused drawing board.
:D

Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next