[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Anisoptera Games - View topic - Questions
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Questions 

I have a few questions about gameplay, and decided to make a new topic for it.

1. What are "resources" used for? You know, the blue or purple circles that you pick up, and are produced by plants and dropped by enemies.
2. Is each world randomly generated? If so, are there features that all worlds share in common, and is is possible for a world to generate without one of the AI factions?
3. What is the max level you can reach? If there is no max level, then is there no max energy limit?
4. Is it possible to have all your stations destroyed, and if so, will you still be able to respawn?
5. Since allied ships are the only way to unlock new parts, and it is possible for allied ships to be destroyed before reactivating, is it possible for a world to not have access to certain parts because you couldn't reactivate your allies?

Thanks.

Never Forget.

Last edited by Deceleration on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:28 pm
Site Admin

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:41 pm

Okay, cool. Two more questions: Does the random world generation affect how many of each AI faction appears in each world, and how is exp gain calculated? I noticed that higher level enemies give more exp, but it seems that the exp an enemy of a certain level gives decreases as your level increases, for example level 0 enemies gave 1 exp for a while, but recently I noticed they give no exp (I am currently level 15).

Never Forget.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:14 pm
Site Admin

There are a fixed number of AI regions of each faction in every generated world.

XP is a constant value for each level of enemy, except that enemies below your level give (XP / numberOfLevelsBelowYourLevel), rounded to the nearest integer. The formula is liable to change though - everyone seems to have gotten to max level almost immediately so I might make it significantly harder.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:10 pm

Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:00 pm

They must be really bad at playing if this is true...

I mean seriously, at the moment, the game is shoot, kill, build, shoot more, kill more, build more.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:21 pm

how do i deleat a post? (sorry for a lot of posting on the farume auther)

Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:50 am

The game is hard at the start for new players with the default control scheme.
However, after an hour of "breaking into" the game, players will feel less challenged.
Past the lv 2-4 mark, it stops being a challenge and more of a grind-fest. One that while
I appreciate, I have not enough patience to do. So I basically used cheat engine to
screw around and made myself lv 20. Whereupon the game promptly crashed. HUZZAH!

Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:34 pm

Does this game run on DirectX?

If yes/no, what does it run on?

Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:40 am
Site Admin

No, it uses OpenGL.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next