View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Weapons & Modules Suggestions Summary List 

Here Is my own suggestion for a new kind of weapon, the Artillery Cannon (Or just Artillery).

These could be implemented in a new faction, added to an existing faction, or not implemented at all. Like all suggestions here, whether this becomes a part of the game or not depends entirely on the whims of the (totally awesome! ;) ) developer, Arthur Danskin. I hope he (and all of you too) likes it!

I Imagine these as being heavy weapons, which shoot two projectiles which are similar to the torpedoes of faction 8. The projectiles would have no guidance, like torpedoes, they would travel in a straight line. (Also like plasma). I was thinking that they would either have a splash damage effect or, perhaps more interesting, a "cluster bomb" effect, resulting in an explosion of little projectiles on impact, similar to the effect of a Blast Pulser (but shorter range). Speed of the projectiles would be mid-range to slow

As for the behavior of the turrets, I would think that this should have a relatively slow rotation speed, because they are "heavy" weapons. As they scaled, I imagine the range and damage increasing, but the turret rotation speed would decrease, as though they were getting heavier.

As you can tell, I don't exactly have stats for each, just a general concept, but that's really the point... I Imagine that if Arthur likes my Idea, he will be the one who determines the proper stats to balance everything, after all no one knows Reassembly better than it's creator! :D

Scale 1: 1 block wide on each side

Scale 2: 2 blocks wide on each side

Scale 3: 3 blocks wide on each side (BFG SIZE!)

Why hexagons? No other guns in the game are regular hexagons, so I figured that's what these should look like! Yet again, this is merely what I myself would make them if I could add something directly into the game however I wanted it. The final design of anything is Arthur's choice, after all.

Anyways, I hope this is a good suggestion! :)

~Sarr ∑:3

Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:27 pm

Okay, here are a few random weapon/faction Ideas.

I would like to see a faction who's specialty is broadside weapons. Give them turrets with minimal radius (radius direction would be set in ship builder) or front fire only with a bonus to the weapon if it is perpendicular to the direction of the command center!!

Also I would love a faction that used R as amo, I could see them having long range artillery type guns, and have heavy missiles as their primary weapon of choice (think SD pods in the Honor Harrington universe). Missiles that break into many small distracting clouds to confuse point defense or help hit small fast targets would be a really cool signature weapon for them. A block to make R that is SUPER heavy would make resupply interesting, small or agile ships would have to go to a mother ship or factory to reload. Perhaps this could be the recycle faction as well, give them a block with a tractor beam that turns blocks to R!

Another type of weapon that would be interesting is a type of tractor beam, I imagine they would add mass to the inflicted ship and then whichever block they are locked onto would eventually break off.

I can imagine a race with a shield that is only say a 30 to 60 degree arc (that you could set direction in ship builder mode) and is very thin but as you are building none of your blocks can overlap the shield and your own weapons can not fire through them as well. Also this race could have a type of 'quantum entanglement' block. So imagine a 1x1 with say 3 spaces then another 1x1 (other sizes would be available too of course). these two spaced blocks would be permanently connected and share hit points (just not touch). Could make for some VERY interesting ship designs with gaps and very strong but limited arc shields with entangled blocks straddling them.

A s/m/l turret similar to the red faction's Tempest would be interesting. Having a large turret that tracks fairly quickly for its size and fires smaller explosive shells would be pretty cool. Or make your large gun and have single double or triple mount versions. the more weapons on one turret of the same size would drastically lower tracking speed but give double or triple dps and give you more DPS to P than the single turret with no health increase.

An arcing weapon (think electric shock) could be made that does 100% damage to the square it hits then passes half damage to each square it touches and then those pass half damage and so on and so on. Not so good for shields but designs with large blocks that then touch lots of smaller blocks would be very weak to this. Imagine one large block connected to 8 smaller ones, the large block takes say 100 damage then passes 50 damage to each of the smaller ones, now each of those 8 smaller blocks would deal 25 damage back to the large block :) and it would pass 12 damage 8 times back to each of the 8 smaller blocks... a nasty nasty gun! I would make it charging and short range, perhaps a longer charge would give a little more range as well.

So many different mechanics could be made for new weapons/races that use them!

Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:07 pm

I've been playing Reassembly for nearly 200 hours on Steam and I would like to see the following

WEAPON SUGGESTIONS
vs. Shield Damage: so certain weapons can be more (or less) effective against shields.

Penetration Distance: It would work similar to Splash Radius, however, it would only affect the targets in a line.
(I got this idea when using a Tinkrell-based faction and I had an insanely fast projectile that would actually ignore ship shields and go through the entire ship)

EMP Bombs/Mines: A missile/explosive weapon that would drain a set amount of power from the target ship causing it's weapons to be disabled until it recovered.
(If the weapon does 50,000 Energy Damage, the Ship's energy will go into the Negatives and will have to regen, causing a sort of down-time for it's weapon systems)

Multi-Shot weapons: Instead of Shotguns or Fast-Firing single bullet weapons, I'd like to see a Weapon that's able to fire 2 shots simultaneously.

UTILITY SUGGESTIONS
Repair Bots: These would work like Drones, however, they would repair damaged pieces of the ship
(They would not be able to increase regrowth rate of pieces)

Scanner: These pieces would work together and provide a further Zoom radius (Thus increasing your ability to see further) Useful for large ships.
(Scanners would reduce the ships Energy Regen rate, because of the power required to operate the Scanner)

'Socketed' Hull Pieces: These would be a Hull piece with a large amount of health (and mass) but would be able to fit another shape inside of it
(It would be used to provide a solid amount of defence to a single piece)

Elipse/Oval Shields: I enjoy shields, but I think having a shield which is a sphere is a bit annoying when my end-game ships end up being longer than they are wide.
(These would reduce the Ships Maximum Power, and slowly drain R)

TINKRELL SUGGESTIONS
Splash Cannon: Slow base rate of fire, it would focus on parts which increase it's splash Radius, Damage and Range (But it has a low Velocity)
(These would be used for Slow-firing, but powerful cannons, similar to a Space Mortar)

Charge Cannon: A Charging Weapon, it's parts would focus on Charge Time (and Range), Higher damage (And Energy Cost)
(These would be useful for Railgun-esque weapons, but each Module would cost a lot of P)

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:26 am

Uno wrote:
Multi-Shot weapons: Instead of Shotguns or Fast-Firing single bullet weapons, I'd like to see a Weapon that's able to fire 2 shots simultaneously.

I assume you mean something like a double barrelled cannon? the problem with this is that the number/length/thickness of the barrels on a turret are determined by its stats, eg:
Higher fire rate - more/thinner barrels
Longer range/more velocity - longer barrel
Higher damage - fewer/thicker barrels
(at least i think that's how they are determined)

It'd currently be possible to approximate this by giving the gun a burstcount of 2 and "burstiness" set to 1, and making sure the other stats are set up so the turret has 2 barrels.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:15 pm

So something along these lines?
They're octagons same thing

[Reveal] Spoiler: Code
Code:
  {22002, shape=OCTAGON, scale=3, name="Artiliary", features=TURRET|CANNON|CHARGING, group=8,
    points=215, durability=5.000, blurb="Long range heavy hitter", density=0.250,
    fillColor=0x113077, fillColor1=0x205079, lineColor=0x3390eb, cannon={roundsPerSec=11.000, burstyness=1.000,
      roundsPerBurst=2, muzzleVel=1400.000, spread=0.020, power=600.000, damage=600.000,
      color=47081, range=5000.000}, turretSpeed=1.10, chargeMaxTime=2.000, chargeMin=0.900},
  {22001, shape=OCTAGON, scale=2, name="Artiliary", features=TURRET|CANNON|CHARGING, group=8,
    points=90, durability=4.000, blurb="Long range heavy hitter", density=0.250,
    fillColor=0x113077, fillColor1=0x205079, lineColor=0x3390eb, cannon={roundsPerSec=11.000, burstyness=1.000,
      roundsPerBurst=2, muzzleVel=1400.000, spread=0.020, power=290.000, damage=200.000,
      color=47081, range=6000.000}, turretSpeed=1.20, chargeMaxTime=2.000, chargeMin=0.900},
{22000, shape=OCTAGON, name="Artiliary", features=TURRET|CANNON|CHARGING, group=8, points=35,
    durability=4.000, blurb="Long range heavy hitter", density=0.250, fillColor=0x113077,
    fillColor1=0x205079, lineColor=0x3390eb, cannon={roundsPerSec=11.000, roundsPerBurst=2, burstyness=1.000,
      muzzleVel=1400.000, spread=0.020, power=110.000, damage=20.000, color=47081,
      range=7000.000}, turretSpeed=1.30, chargeMaxTime=2.000, chargeMin=0.900},

Reassembly x10

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:44 pm

Uno wrote:
Penetration Distance: It would work similar to Splash Radius, however, it would only affect the targets in a line.

If there was variable called explodeArc that ranges from 0.5 to 180. You could achieve that effect with a value of 1.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:02 pm

DarkWingedDaemon wrote:
Uno wrote:

If there was variable called explodeArc that ranges from 0.5 to 180. You could achieve that effect with a value of 1.

This sounds exactly like a shaped charge.

Muzzle Brake. Because not everyone is a fan of Noisy Crickets!

Empire of the Red Sun

Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:22 pm

You would be correct.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:22 pm

I request that we be able to ripple-fire pulsed beam weapons (that is, beam weapons with some 'pulses per second' and 'pulse availability' values). I'm honestly not certain if it's a bug that we can't ripple-fire pulsed beam weapons.

Also, it'd be very useful if the RIPPLE_FIRE AI tag meant that the left click default was set to RIPPLE_FIRE for command blocks/factions of that type, and if the RIPPLE_FIRE AI was preserved in Test/Tournament Mode.

ALSO also, I'd like a way to control the brightness of a given charging beam weapon's charging visual effect. Some of my mods would benefit from less messy visual effects when the relevant weapon fires.

ALSO ALSO also, I'd like to request a tag to control the size/visibility of turrets.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:33 am

Weapons that are so powerful, they require open space for turret turn radius besides module base space allocation. Alternatively, add weapon mounts to previously non-turreted weapons to a certain degree of rotation angle, rotation speed, extra space usage, and extra energy usage.

Specialized weapons. Smart weapons. Armory-piercing weapons. Weapons that fire slugs which can penetrate a set amount of blocks deep for every shell, but will over-penetrate (less damage) lesser armoured targets and continue flying. Weapons that do extra damage to small blocks based on sheer force, but will shatter upon hitting heavy armoires blocks, or. velocity-based weapons and projectiles damage. Multi-phase torpedoes, starting slow, but with a flak shield and extra turning maneuverability, then once into “strike” range, acquires target and locks in for a fixed charge, just like modern anti-ship missiles.
Make weapons that are worthy of the technical and strategic depth of space combat. Take inspiration from real life examples if possible. I can go on with lots of examples. Bio-mimicking weapons. Guerilla weapons. Capital ship weapons. Weapons with trade off and self-damage. Weapons with ammunition requirement/fabrication. Weapons with multiple forms. The weapons have to be cool, fun, a spectacle to watch, and interesting all at the same time.

Don’t make weapons that, when players see it, they think “oh I know what this is, it’s another ... (overused stereotype) weapon. This is how it will work aaaaand guessed it. Boring and unbalanced.
Make weapons that are smart in some aspects, but dumb in another. Or have a tradeoff for their power instead of being mediocre and guessable in all aspects. Think as in making weapons for cinematic quality, rather than stereotyping.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3